With a big handful of parsley in the mix, Ottolenghi’s Tonnato Sauce is “greener” take on an Italian classic.
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley (roughly chopped, about 20 grams)
- 1 (4 ½ oz) can tuna in oil
- 1 tablespoon capers (rinsed and drained)
- 2 oil-packed anchovy filets (rinsed and patted dry)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Place the egg yolks in the bowl of a food processor along with lemon juice, parsley, tuna, capers, anchovies, and garlic. Blitz for a minute to form a rough paste, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula as needed. With the machine running, slowly add the oil in a slow, steady stream, until the consistency is that of a thin mayonnaise. Set aside.