These Smoked Sprats on Toast are simple to make, and might just change your mind about these “little oily” fish.
Recipe for Calabrian Chile Butter may be found here: https://www.sippitysup.com/recipe/calabrian-chile-butter/
- 12 slice toasted rustic bread
- Calabrian chile butter (at room temperature, see notes)
- 12 canned smoked sprats (may substitue sardine)
- flat leaf parsley leaves (as needed)
- finely grated lemon zest
- freshly cracked black pepper
Lay the toasted bread slices on a serving platter. Spread a thick, generous layer of Calabrian chile butter across each one. Layer on a single smoked sprat over the top of each toast, then garnish with parsley leaves, lemon zest, and a grind of black pepper.