White Salad of Cauliflower, Endive, Pears and Grapes pair beautifully with un-oaked Chardonnay.
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- 3 ounce crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- kosher salt and black pepper (as needed for seasoning)
- ½ head cauliflower (florets cut into thin slices)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Belgian endives (cut crosswise into thin slices, core sections removed as needed)
- 1 ripe pear (cored and sliced)
- 1–2 cup green grapes (to taste)
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts (lightly toasted in a dry pan)
Make the dressing: Add buttermilk, Greek yogurt, crumbled feta cheese, and lemon juice to a blender. Place the lid firmly on top and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Roast the cauliflower: Preheat the oven to 400F.
Toss the cauliflower slices with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread onto a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet in as close to a single layer as possible. Roast until just beginning to color on the bottoms, flip and roast 2 or 3 minutes more. Set aside to cool on the parchment.
Assemble the salad: Toss the roasted cauliflower with the sliced endive. Divide between 4 plates and top each salad with a few slices of pear, a handful of grapes, and a sprinkling of pine nuts.
Drizzle some of the prepared dressing on top of each salad, refrigerating any extra dressing for another use.