This seaweed salad come from Leaf Organics. Wakame is easy to work with, delicious and is incredibly full of vital minerals.
I garnished mine with a bit of powdered air-dried red pepper for a hit of heat. Serves 6
- 1 lemon, peeled and quartered
- ½ cup namu shoyu (unpasteurized soy sauce)
- 6 cup dried wakame, broken into several pieces
- .75 cup water, plus more for soaking & rinsing wakame
- 3 clove garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- .75 cup good quality cold-pressed olive oil
- 3 tablespoon peeled and chopped fresh ginger
Put the lemon first, then the rest of the ingredients except the water, on a blender. B;end well. Add the water and blend again. Serve chilled. This is more dressing than you will need for the salad. The balance may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
In a large bowl, cover the wakame with water. Soak overnight. This removes much of the saltiness.
Rinse and drain the wakame well. Chop into 1‑inch strips.
Toss the wakame strips with 1‑cup of the dressing, allow to marinate 1 hour, and serve.