The Vichy Cycle cocktail is a sophisticated collaboration of French vermouth and German kümmel with a clever name. Have you ever noticed that some of the best cocktails have clever names?
- 2 ounce Dupont Fine Reserve Calvados
- 1 ounce Dolin Dry Vermouth
- ½ ounce Gilka Kaiser Kümmel
- 2 dash The Bitter Truth Jerry Thomas’ Own Decanter Bitters
- 1 lemon twist (as garnish)
Combine the Calvados, vermouth, kümmel and bitters in a mixing glass half-filled with ice. Stir until chilled and properly diluted, about 20 seconds. Julep strain into chilled coupe or cocktail glass. Garnish with a lemon twist; its oil expressed onto the surface and rubbed onto the rim of the drink then dropped on top, peel side up. Makes 1.