Of course you can use any sort of mushroom you like in this Tofu Stir-Fry with Veggies and Beech Mushrooms, but I do like to feature unusual ingredients whenever I can.
- 16 ounce firm tofu (cut into 1 ½‑inch cubes)
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- salt and pepper (as needed)
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 5 green onions (sliced)
- 1–2 red chiles (sliced and seeded)
- 3 cup broccoli florets
- 3½ ounce beech mushrooms (separated)
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and sliced into strips)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 limes (1 juiced, 1 cut into 8 wedges)
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
In a medium bowl, toss tofu with cornstarch and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Set aside.
Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add almonds and sesame seeds; cook and stir 30 seconds or until golden. Transfer to a small bowl; set aside. Add oil to the hot pan; heat over high heat. Add tofu; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes until golden and crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer tofu to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Drizzle tofu with honey and toss with the toasted almonds and sesame seeds.
Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic, ginger, green onions, and sliced chiles; cook for 1 minutes. Add broccoli, mushrooms, red bell pepper, and corn kernels; cook and stir 4 minutes. Add lime juice and soy sauce; stir to combine. Add tofu-almond mixture and toss well before serving.