This steakhouse burger comes from Christopher Lucchese for the LA Times Battle of the Burger contest 2013.
All of the recipes need to recreate this Steakhouse Burger can be found in the Los Angeles Times article “5 Star Burger by Noelle Carter and crew. Follow this link: http://www.latimes.com/features/food/dailydish/la-dd-battle-of-the-burgers-2013-finalists-the-steakhouse-burger-20130618,0,5367552.story
- 6 steakhouse burger patties (made from rib-eye, see notes for recipe)
- 6 burger buns (soft but dense)
- ½ cup steak sauce (see notes for recipe, or use bottled)
- mushroom reduction (see notes for recipe)
- caramelized onions (see notes for recipe)
Remove the burgers from the refrigerator and set aside for about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the grill.
Halve the burger buns and brush the bottoms with steak sauce.
Grill the burgers, brushing the tops with steak sauce after they are flipped. Just before the burgers are finished, add the buns to lightly toast. When the burgers are done, remove and rest under aluminum foil for about 10 minutes.
Add a large scoop of mushrooms to the bottom of each bun. Place a burger over the mushrooms and top with caramelized onions, then the bun top.