It looks like a pineapple. It even tastes a bit like a pineapple, but this pineapple cheese ball is a party favor your guests will never forget.
- 32 ounce cream cheese (softened)
- 1 (15 oz) can crushed pineapple (well drained)
- 4 scallions (white and light green parts, minced)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- whole pecans for garnish (as needed)
- 1 pineapple top (as garnish)
- crackers (for serving)
Add the cream cheese, crushed pineapple, green onion, garlic powder, and cayenne to a large bowl. Using a rubber spatula mix the ingredients until very well incorporated.
Scrape the mixture onto an appropriately sized serving plate. Form into a slightly elongated dome. Garnish with whole pecans in slightly overlapping rows, mimicking the skin of a real pineapple. Place the pineapple top at the top (shaving the base off at a slight angle to be assured that it sits properly). Chill until firm, at least 3 hours and up to overnight. Serve with crackers.