This is a great and easy mustard vinaigrette. It is also a wonderful marinade for fish or chicken.
Try tossing the dressing with chopped Belgian endive for a simple salad with a lot of flavor.
- 2 tablespoon very good mustard
- ⅓ cup mild vinegar
- 1 cup very good extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. You can add all the ingredients into the mustard jar and shake vigorously.
2. Alternatively, you may whisk together the mustard and vinegar in a small bowl.
3. Slowly add the oil in a slow steady stream, whisking constantly. A thick creamy, fully emulsified dressing is you goal. Add the salt and pepper. Additional seasoning such as lemon juice, dill, tarragon, rosemary or shallots can also be incorporated at this time.