This is the classic just how your Grandma made it. Well, just like somebody’s Grandma made it. Grandma’s Chicken Noodle Soup.
- 1 whole (2 split) chicken breast, bone in, skin on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 quart homemade chicken stock
- 2 cup celery, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 cup carrots, cut into ¼-inch thick rounds
- 1 pound wide egg noodles
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
Place the chicken breast on a a parchment lined baking pan and rub the skin with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with kosher salt and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until cooked through. When cool enough to handle, remove the meat from the bones, discard the skin, and dice the chicken meat into ½-inch cubes. Bring the chicken stock to a simmer in a large pot and add the carrots. Simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes, until the carrots are soft. Add the celery and egg noodles and cook an additional 10 minutes until the noodles are cooked. Add the cooked chicken meat and parsley and heat through. Season to taste and serve.