Who says sweet potatoes are just for Thanksgiving? I say bring them to the table all year long. This simple sweet potato summer salad is served chilled and is a great side dish to warm weather entertaining.
- 3 pound medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 3/4‑inch pieces
- 3 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 scallion trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon chili oil
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- ½ scallion (dark-green part only), thinly sliced diagonally for garnish
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add sweet potatoes, and return to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain. Whisk vinegar, lime zest and juice, 1 scallion sliced, 1 teaspoon salt and chili oil in a small bowl. Add grapeseed oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified. Season with pepper. Toss dressing with warm sweet potatoes in a large bowl, and garnish with remaining ½ scallion. Let come to room temperature, then refrigerate until chilled. Serve cold.