This sweet and savory Chilled Melon Soup with Habanero is cool and spicy.
- 2 ½ pound peeled, seeded and cubed watermelon
- 1 ¼ pound peeled, seeded and cubed cantaloupe
- 1 ounce peeled and minced fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon minced habanero chile (or to taste)
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and white pepper (as needed)
- crumbled feta cheese (as needed for garnish, optional)
- freshly cracked black pepper (as needed for garnish, optional)
Place watermelon, cantaloupe, minced ginger, minced habanero, sherry vinegar and a pinch each sea salt and white pepper. Process until as smooth as you like. Drizzle in the olive oil with the machine running until fully incorporated and emulsified.
Taste and adjust the seasoning. Refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to come together. Blend or whisk just before serving if necessary. Garnish with feta (if using) and black pepper.