You gotta love this one! Chicken Meatballs with Artichokes & Carrots.
- 1 large yukon gold potato
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1½ ground chicken
- 2 teaspoon thyme leaves, minced
- 2 egg yolks, separated
- 3 tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ounce olive oil, plus more as needed
- 12 ounce frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 2‑inch pieces
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoon white vermouth
- 3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
Put the potato pieces in a saucepan, cover them completely with water, add a big pinch of salt, and set the pan over medium-high heat. Cook potato until tender, about 14 minutes. Drain and return the pieces to the hot empty saucepan they were boiled in. Lower heat to medium-low and dry the potatoes somewhat, being careful not to scorch them. Remove from heat and let cool somewhat.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large high-sided skillet or heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add defrosted artichokes, carrots and shallot; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Add vermouth to deglaze pan and let it reduce some. Add the broth; bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Carefully add meatballs and continue cooking, gently turning meatballs halfway through, until vegetables are tender and meatballs are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, remaining egg yolk and cream; gently stir into pot with meatballs. Return broth to simmer and cook for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve warm