A bit of spicy heat from with chili sauce, soy and sesame is just the thing to offset the sweet crunch of fresh raw sugar snap peas in this healthy snap pea salad.
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot chile sauce (such as sriracha)
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 pinch coarse sea salt, to taste
- 1 pinch shichimi-togarashi (or standard chile powder, to taste)
- 8 ounce sugar snap peas, strings removed, thinly sliced on the bias
In a small jar mix the rice vinegar, soy sauce, dark sesame oil, brown sugar and hot chile sauce. Put on the lid and shake well. Place the sliced peas in a serving bowl, pour the dressing over them. Toss well. Season with salt and shichimi-togarashi, to taste. Serve with lemon wedges on the side for squeezing.