Cherry Chipotle Duck Breast Skewers are a terrific combination of taste and texture. That’s because cherries and duck are a classic combo for good reason– the cherries provide a sweet and tangy counterpoint to the meat’s richness. The kick of chipotle modernizes these classic partners with its element of spice and smoke.
- 4 boneless, skinless duck breasts (sliced lengthways into 5 strips)
- ⅓ cup Not Ketchup cherry chipotle dipping sauce (plus more for dipping or drizzling)
- 2 clove garlic (peeled and minced)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoon cider vinegar (or other mild vinegar)
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper (as needed for seasoning)
- ground coriander (as needed for seasoning)
- vegetable oil (as needed for grill pan)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves
Place duck pieces into a mixing bowl.
Combine ⅓ cup cherry chipotle sauce, garlic, water, vinegar and red pepper in a separate bowl; stir to combine. Pour the mixture over duck to coat well. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours, stirring mixture occasionally.
Meanwhile, soak 20 bamboo skewers for at least 20 minutes in cold water to prevent them from burning; drain.
When ready to serve drain the duck, reserving the marinade. Sprinkle duck all over with salt, pepper, and ground coriander. Weave duck strips accordion-style onto each skewer. Brush duck with reserved marinade. Discard remaining marinade.
Heat a lightly oiled grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the skewers until duck is no longer pink, turning halfway through grilling time; about 4 to 7 minutes total (depending on size).
Serve immediately with additional cherry chipotle sauce for dipping or drizzling.