A light and frothy, refreshing beverage. Perfect for summer. Orange Lassi.
- 1½ ice cubes
- 1 medium cantaloupe peeled, seeded, and cut into 1‑inch cubes
- 1 orange, juiced
- ¼ cup pernod
- 1 cup plain low-fat kefir or yogurt cold
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 pinch salt
1. Put the cantaloupe, orange juice, Pernod (if using) yogurt, honey and salt in a blender and blend until well blended. You may have to work in batches. In which case transfer the blended mixture to a pitcher while you finish the job. This may set aside up to one day in advance.
2. Make each lassi individually by adding ½ cup ice, and about ¼ of the cantaloupe mixture to a blender. Blend until well blended. This may be best achieved by pulsing the mixture 6 or 8 times and then running the machine at high for about 1 minute. Machines vary in power so use your judgment. You goal is a thick frothy mixture that moves easily in the blender jar.
3. Taste the lassi and correct the seasoning with additional honey or salt, if desired. Pour into chilled glasses and serve at once garnished with orange slices and mint.