BBQ Chicken with Peach, Purslane and Broccoli Slaw makes the most of simple ingredients. Creating a summery meal with plenty of sweet and salty crunch.
- 5 tablespoon olive oil (divided)
- 2 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt (divided)
- 2 medium peaches (pitted and sliced)
- 6 ounce broccoli slaw
- 3 (6 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breasts (sliced crosswise into 1‑inch strips)
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 6 ounce fresh purslane (thick stems removed)
- 2 slice cooked and chopped bacon
- 1 ounce crumbled feta (optional)
Combine 4 tablespoons oil, vinegar, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and ¼ teaspoon salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add peaches and slaw to vinegar mixture; toss gently to coat.
Sprinkle chicken evenly with remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan in as close to a single layer as possible; cook, turning once, about 6 minutes or until done. Do not crowd the pan, work in batches if necessary. Place cooked chicken in a large bowl. Add barbecue sauce to bowl; toss.
Divide slaw mixture evenly among 4 plates; top evenly with chicken strips. Sprinkle with purslane, bacon, and feta (if using).