Super seasonal baby kale and fresh strawberries really do belong together. But it’s the super simple rosemary balsamic vinaigrette that makes this kale strawberry salad something to remember all year long. Baby Kale Strawberry Salad with Rosemary Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 small shallot very finely minced
- 2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil or as needed
- 4 cup baby kale loosely packed
- ½ English cucumber peeled and sliced
- 8 strawberries stemmed and quartered
- ½ cup whole raw almonds
Make the vinaigrette: Add the balsamic vinegar, shallot, rosemary, salt, and pepper to a small mixing bowl. While whisking vigorously, add enough of the olive oil in a slow drizzle until an well combined emulsion forms, about 15 seconds. You might not use all the oil.
Make the salad: Add the baby kale, cucumber, strawberries, and almonds to a large salad bowl. Toss to combine.
Serve with the freshly whisked vinaigrette on the side.