There’s plenty of new stuff over at The Table Set podcast. Starting with a new episode.
Andy, Nathan and I spent an spent an evening of nightswimming at a Ceviche Pool Party we had in my backyard. Because when the weather heats up, the best thing you can do is cool down.
Ceviche is a cool warm weather party choice. Especially since this party was a weeknight party. The great thing about ceviche (and gazpacho) is they can be made ahead of time. That way when the hot and bothered guests start arriving, all you need to do is open up the refrigerator and get the beach towels.
- The Little Gay Record Player set the mood with the REM tune Nightswimmimg.
- Andy’s Fried Yam Chips (big enough for scooping).
- Nathan’s impeccably made Piscolada Cocktails (his own hybrid of a Pisco Sour and a Pina Colada).
- Five kinds of ceviche, including a creative vegetarian option from Andy (recipe for one of them is in the show notes ).
- The grape gazpacho was made with hazelnuts.
- Everybody loved the peanut salsa Greg brought back from La Guerrerense in Ensenada, Mexico
- Ceviche can be difficult to pair with wine. The 2012 Gnesa Chardonnay from Brewer-Clifton turned out to be an inspired choice (Thanks Ken and Tamara).
- We can’t forget dessert. Greg kept it weeknight simple and ordered a banana flan from The Flan King (The Best Flan in LA).
There’s a video of the event that Andy put together. If it doesn’t put you in the mood for a little nightswimming (and ceviche) nothing will.
I hope you’ll pop over to Homefries or iTunes and listen to the episode. If you do I think you’ll notice that both Homefries and The Table Set got spiffy new looks just to keep you coming back to the table for more. GREG