- 2 pound carrots, halved lengthwise but left unpeeled
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1½ pound parsnips, peeled and halved or quartered, depending on size
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoon thyme leaves
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange the carrots and parsnips in a single layer in a shallow rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle half of the oil over them, then turn them over and drizzle the rest of the oil for an even coating. Season generously with salt and pepper, then sprinkle the thyme leaves over everything.
Roast the vegetables, turning them once or twice during cooking until the edges and tips begin to get quite brown and they a very tender, about 30 minutes. Remove them from the oven and transfer them to a serving platter, with an additional sprinkling of salt, and a drizzle of olive oil (optional). Serve warm.