The Table Set did it it. We talked about it in our latest episode “New Pajamas” and we pulled it off with great aplomb. The Feast of the Seven Fishes was a huge success. A great way to celebrate the holiday with friends.
The Feast of the Seven Fishes (Festa dei sette pesci), also known as The Vigil (La Vigilia), is a traditional Italian holiday celebration. It’s exactly what it sounds like a feast of seven different seafood dishes. Our version consisted of seven fishes (certainly), served in seven courses (of course). But we added a twist. Each fish and each course was prepared by seven different cooks. All friends and all great cooks.
- Kristin (The Cuisinerd): Appetizer- Grilled Alaskan Oysters with a Mignonette Trio: Spicy Chipotle, Cilantro Lime & Classic Cocktail Sauce
- Nathan (The Chocolate of Meats): Amuse Bouche- Rye Crisp with Maple Cream, Rye Beer-Marinated Salmon Roe, Green Chile Sugar and Fennel Top
- Jackie (The Beeroness): First Course- Seared Scallops with Smoked Sweet Corn Puree and Stout Balsamic Reduction.
- Brian: Soup- Seared Halibut over Forbidden Rice with Miso Pork Broth.
- Andy (The Wind Attack): Main Course- “Surf ‘n’ Turf” Uni Capellini with Scallop, Bonito and Nori Crumble, Rye Toast with Pine Nut Porcini Butter
- Joy (Joy The Baker): Salad- Alaska Crab, Apple and Pomegranate Salad
- Greg (Sippity Sup): Dessert- Caffè e Frittelle Dolci (coffee & donuts) with Swedish “Fish”
Andy made a video of the evening and I hope you tune in and watch it. GREG
Thanks to Alaska Seafood for providing us with the terrific wild-caught seafood for this meal.