The classic flavors of Worcestershire sauce and blue cheese enliven the bold beef taste of skirt steak. Worcestershire Grilled Skirt Steak.
- 4 clove garlic, peeled & minced
- 4 tablespoon rosemary leaves, chopped, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1.75 pound skirt steak
- 1½ pound small red potatoes
- coarse salt
- 3 ounce blue cheese, crumbled
Prepare and preheat the grill for high heat. Stir garlic, rosemary, Worcestershire sauce and oil in a non reactive dish; season with pepper. Place the steak in the dish, swirling to get the meat well coated. Marinate, turning once 1 hour, or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
Cover the potatoes with cold water in a medium saucepan; add a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until just tender, about 15 minutes. Drain; let cool slightly. Slice potatoes in half, and brush lightly with oil; season with salt and pepper.
Grill steak, turning once, to desired doneness, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Set aside. Meanwhile, grill potatoes, turning once, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Immediately sprinkle with cheese. Thinly slice steak against grain. Divide steak and potatoes among 4 plates. Serve, garnished with rosemary sprigs.