Guaro is the traditional alcoholic beverage of choice in Costa Rica. Here I use it to replace vodka in a Tropical Bloody Mary. Guaro Bloody Mary.
- 36 ounce tomato juice
- 1 stalk celery with leaves, minced
- 2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 lime, juice only
- ½ teaspoon lizano sauce (substitue worcestershire sauce)
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 12 dash hot sauce
- 1½ cup guaro
- stalks of celery as garnish, as needed
- cilantro sprigs as garnish, to taste
- lime wedges as garnish, optional
In a blender add ¼ of the tomato juice, minced celery, horseradish, ginger, lime juice, Lizano sauce, celery salt, sea salt, and hot sauce. Blend to puree well. Then pour the contents of the blender into a large pitcher. Add the remaining tomato juice and guaro. Chill at least one hour. Serve in tall glasses over ice with a stick of celery sticks, cilantro sprigs, and lime wedges to taste.