This Tonnata Dip is like a silky tuna mousse made super savory with the hidden addition of capers and anchovies. Grab a chip and start dipping.
If your food processor is not too large you can use that to puree the ingredients too.
- 2 (5 oz) cans tuna packed in olive oil (drained)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoon capers (rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2-3 anchovy fillets
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and chopped)
- 1-2 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
In a blender combine tuna, olive oil, mayonnaise, oregano, capers, anchovies, garlic, and red pepper flakes (if using). Puree until smooth, stopping as needed to scrape the sides of the blender.
Serve in a shallow bowl with sturdy potato chips for dipping.