Tomato, Fig, and Prosciutto Salad. Bon Appetit magazine calls this salad “a riff on melon and prosciutto.”
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (plus more for drizzling)
- 16 ripe fresh figs (cut in halves or quarters depending on size)
- 16 golf ball size ripe fresh tomatoes (cut in halves or quarters depending on size)
- 1–2 pinch fine sea salt
- 3 ounce thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 big handful fresh mint leaves (to taste)
Whisk vinegar, honey, and 1 tablespoon oil in a large bowl to combine. Add figs and tomatoes. Season with salt, and toss gently to combine.
Transfer to a platter and tuck prosciutto slices and mint leaves attractively around the salad; drizzle with more oil. Serve immediately.