The Sidecar Cocktail is an elegant tangy and sour cocktail that is perfect as drinks before dinner.
- 1 wedge fresh lemon
- 2 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 1½ ounce dry cognac (or brandy)
- .75 ounce cointreau (or triple sec)
- .75 ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 lemon twise, as garnish
Rub the rim of a chilled cocktail glass with the lemon wedge. Discard the wedge. Rim the lip of the glass with sugar. Add the Cognac, Cointreau and lemon juice to a cocktail shaker half filled with ice cubes. Cover and shake vigorously. Strain into the sugar rimmed glass. Garnish with lemon twist, expressed and dropped on top.