This homemade Thai BBQ Sauce recipe is so easy to make, and is a lot better both in taste and nutrition to store-bought sauces. It’s dark and tangy-sweet. It has enough spice to make your meat, seafood, or burgers taste exotic.
- ½ cup oyster sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoon molasses
- 2 tablespoon sambal olek (or similar chile sauce)
- 2 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 5–6 clove garlic (peeled and minced)
- 3 tablespoon fresh ginger (peeled and minced)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
Add all ingredients to a non-reactive bowl and stir to fully combine. Set the sauce aside for 1 to 2 hours to allow the flavors to meld. The sauce may be stored covered in the refrigerator for one week.