Spicy Sauteed Shrimp are good as an appetizer or served on top cheesy grits as a main course. They’re a little spicy and a lot buttery.
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 clove garlic (peeled and minced)
- 1 pound large shrimp (16–20 per pound)
- 3 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- minced parsley and/or chives (as garnish)
Heat butter in a large cast iron skillet or non stick skillet set over medium high heat. Once it melts and begins to foam add oil, and then the garlic. Saute until the garlic begins to color, about 1 minute. Add shrimp to the skillet and continue to saute 3 to 5 minutes, or until shrimp just begins to turn pink. Turn off the heat and stir in hot sauce and cider vinegar. Gently stir the shrimp until well coated. Let rest in the warm skillet bout 3 minutes, then serve warm garnished with parsley and/or chives.