Hot and sweet and sour. This Spicy Green Papaya Relish takes its cues from a classic Thai salad and makes it compatible as a topping for almost anything grilled.
Spicy Green Papaya RelishPrint This Recipe Total time Yield 4–6Published
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup lime juice
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cup julienned green papaya
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- ½ habanero chile (minced, or more to taste)
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- salt and pepper (as needed for seasoning)
Stir together vinegar, honey, lime juice, and sugar until the sugar is dissolved in a medium bowl. Add the papaya, red onion, habanero, cilantro and mint and mix until combined, season with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes before serving. Drain each portion before using. Store leftovers in liquid, sealed in a jar and refrigerated.