This soup’s gorgeous golden color come from using super sweet yellow tomatoes. It’s creamy texture belies the fact that there is no cream at all! Roasted Yellow Tomato Soup.
- 1 pound yellow tomatoes, sliced in half and cored
- 3 garlic cloves,skin intact
- ½ pound fingerling potatoes
- 1½ olive oil
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced
- 3 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- .75 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon italian parsley, leaves only, minced
- 2 ounce canned green chili peppers
- salt and pepper
- oikos fat-free greek yogurt (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss potatoes with ½ teaspoon olive oil. Cover baking pan with parchment paper and place tomatoes, garlic and potatoes in pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife easy penetrates the tomatoes and potatoes. Remove from oven to cool.
Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium heat. SautÃ© onions in a deep pot or Dutch oven over for about 8–10 minutes. While the onion is sautÃ©ing, remove the skin from the tomatoes, potatoes and garlic, roughly chop all of them.
Once the onions are slightly translucent and brown around the edges, add the tomatoes, garlic, potatoes, broth, oregano, parsley, and chilies. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer for ~10 minutes.
Remove the pot from the burner, allow to cool slightly and then begin to puree with an immersion blender (or stand blender, please remember to vent for steam release). I like my soup a bit chunky so puree to your desired consistency. Top with Greek Yogurt for a bit of creaminess.