These roasted Maui onions are a wonderfully sweet and creamy side dish, perfect for those times you crave something rich. Roasted Maui Onion with Creamy Pamesan.
Roasted Maui Onion with Creamy PamesanPrint This Recipe Total time Yield 4Published
- 1 heavy cream
- 3 garlic, peeled and left whole
- ¼ cup dry vermouth
- 2 large maui onions, peeled and sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt an pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
1. Heat the cream and vermouth in a saucepan until it starts to bubble around the edges. Toss in the garlic cloves, and turn off the heat. Let the garlic steep in the cream about ½ hour. Then remove the garlic.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
3. Spread the onions onto a baking sheet and drizzle them with olive oil.
4. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the thyme. Bake15 minutes.
5. Transfer the onions to a baking dish and spoon the cream onto them.
6. Cover in foil and bake for another 30 minutes.
7. Remove the foil and sprinkle the Parmigiano Reggiano on top.
8. Raise the temperature to 450F and bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.