Roast these up and they will make a delicious addition to so many recipes.
- 2 pound cipolline onions
- 30 clove garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- ½ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Slice the pointy tip off each onion. Leave the pappery skins and root end intact
2. Place all the ingredients into a foil packet and clse tightly
3. Roast for 1 ½ hours at 350 degrees F.
4. Remove from packet and allow to cool. When cool enough to handle, gently peel away the paper skins. Store them with the garlic cloves, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. They make a wonderful addition to many recipes.