If you start with an already roasted chicken this Roast Chicken Salad with Yellow Bell Pepper literally comes together in minutes. A perfect recipe for a quick and summery light dinner or lunch.
- 2 lemons
- 2 cup skinless roast chicken, shredded
- 2 yellow bell pepper, cut into 3/4‑inch pieces
- 7 ounce parmigiano-reggiano, cut into 1/8‑inch-thick shards
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon fresh marjoram leaves
- salt & pepper, as needed
Using a sharp paring knife, trim off top and bottom of lemons. Stand fruit on end and carefully cut the peel and white pith from flesh, following curve of fruit from top to bottom. Trim away any remaining pith. Cut each section away from membranes, cutting as close to membranes as you can. If thye are very large cut the fruit pieces in half crosswise and place them in a large bowl. To the bowl, add shredded chicken, bell peppers and cheese. Add oil, marjoram leaves and 1 teaspoon salt; toss to combine. Season to taste with black pepper and more salt if desired.