Rustic flavors suit this simple tart.
- 2 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste and for boiling water
- 2 bunch rapini (1 pound total)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 ounce soft young goat cheese, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon red-pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon large egg, lightly beaten
In a medium bowl, combine flour, oil, 1‑teaspoon salt, and ⅓‑cup cold water, stir to combine with a fork. Knead dough 1 minute. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees, with rack in lower third. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook rapini until bright green, about 1 minute. Using tongs, transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Dry well.
Roll out dough to a 14-inch round; transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle dough with Parmesan and top with rapini in a fairly dense single layer, leaving a 2 ½‑inch border. Top with red-pepper flakes and goat cheese; season with salt (optional). Fold dough border over filling and brush with egg. Bake until crust is golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.