Michael Chiarello’s recipe for truffle french fries wrapped in prosciutto. This is a rich and aromatic treat. Easy to make and delicious.
- peanut oil as needed for fryer
- 1½ pound russet potatoes (about 3 large), unpeeled, cut into ⅓” fries
- 2 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese, freshly grated, plus more for garnish
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 thin prosciutto slices
In a large, heavy pot, heat 3 inches of oil over high heat until it registers 375 F on a deep-fat thermometer. In batches, fry the potatoes until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Using a wire skimmer or tongs, transfer potatoes to paper towels to drain.
In heatproof bowl, toss hot fries with the half of the parsley and all of the truffle oil. Add the Parmesan and toss once more, taste and season with salt and black pepper.
Spread a slice of prosciutto on work surface. Gather small bundle of fries, place fries on prosciutto and gently wrap. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with the remaining parsley, salt, pepper and more Parmesan, as desired. Serve while warm.