Pico de gallo is a versatile Mexican condiment. It’s also a great place to start when creating delicious salsas for all kinds of dishes. Try adding, mango, papaya, even peach!
Yeild: 3 cups
- 2 cup tomatoes roughly chopped
- ½ cup red onion chopped in ¼ inch dice
- 2 tablespoon jalapeno seeds & ribs removed, minced
- ¼ clove fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic clove peeled and minced
- salt to taste
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients. Set aside at least one hour. It will keep, covered in the refrigerator, up to 1 week.