Peel and eat shrimp is a delicious plate of communal fun. Thus version is just spicy enough to tingle both your lips and your fingertips.
- 8 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 lemon (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoon rosemary leaves
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 4 clove garlic (peeled and minced)
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup hot sauce (or to taste)
- 1 pound medium to large shrimp (unpeeled)
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch freshly cracked black pepper
Heat a large (at least 12-inch) cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter, and cook until melted and foamy, but do not let it brown. Add the lemon slices in a single layer and cook them undisturbed until they begin to brown, about 4 minutes.
Flip the lemon slices and add rosemary, red pepper flakes, garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire and hot sauce; bring a simmer. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper then add them to the skillet. They should sizzle as they hit the pan. Cook, stirring and turning often, until they are pink and firm to the touch, about 3 to 4 minutes total. Serve on a platter in a big, help yourself heap.