The bold sharp taste of dandelion gets tamed with feta cheese in this easy to make pasta salad.
- 1 bunch dandelion greens, trimmed
- 1 pound pasta of your choice
- freshly ground balck pepper to taste
- ½ pound feta cheese, crumbled up or cubed
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted & halved lengthwise
- salt to taste plus more for pasta water
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- juice & zest of one large lemon
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add a generous amount of salt. Cook the pasta until al dente according to package directions.
Whisk ½ cup olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, red-pepper flakes with a pinch of salt in large bowl. Drain the pasta and add it to this mixture, stirring to coat the pasta well. Taste for seasoning. Set aside.
Lay the dandelion greens out onto a large serving platter or bowl. Top them with the still warm pasta and stir to combine. Let the salad cool completely, then top with the the olives, feta cheese, a drizzle of olive oil, and a few grinds of black pepper.