This twist on the classic accompaniment for oysters features red ingredients as a tribute to World AIDS day. Oysters with Red Mignonette.
Be sure to shuck and prepare these oysters just before serving to keep them as fresh as possible.
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon red onion, minced
- 2 teaspoon finely crushed white pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 24 oysters, freshly shucked on the half shell
In a small bowl, combine vinegar, olive oil, shallots, white and red pepper and salt and whisk to blend. Spoon atop oysters or serve alongside.