Simple and summery, this Napa Cabbage and Apricots Salad gets an unexpected kick from its unique Lemongrass-Lime Dressing.
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 6 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 3 tablespoon agave syrup
- 2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 6 ripe apricots (pitted and cut into eighths)
- 4 cup loosely packed shreded Napa cabbage
- 2 pinch kosher salt
- 2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 2 cup lossely packed mint leaves
- 5 ounce lightly toasted cashews (as garnish)
Make the dressing: Peel off and discard the tough outer layers of the lemongrass. Mince about 2 tablespoons of the remaining tender parts.
Place the minced lemongrass in a jar with a lid. Add the lime juice, agave syrup, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Shake well to combine. Set aside at least 1 hour and up to 3 days. Shake well before using.
Place the cabbage in a large bowl and add a few pinches of sea salt. Toss and set aside five minutes to soften. Then add the apricots, cilantro, mint, and enough of the prepared dressing to lightly coat; toss to combine.
Transfer the salad to a large serving platter and garnish with cashews. Serve immediately.