Bring the taste of Hawaii to your grill with these Marinated Shrimp, Pineapple and Portuguese Sausage Kabobs.
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared wasabi
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lilikoi syrup (may substitute honeyr
- 1 tablespoon habanaro hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 24 bite sized slices of fresh pineapple
- 1 portuguese sausage, cut into 24 slices
- 1 cup mango chutney
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, as garnish (otional)
Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Mix lemon juice, wasabi, olive oil, cilantro, lilikoi, hot sauce, cumin, salt and paprika together in a small bowl. Add the shrimp, tossing to coat well. Cover and refrigerate 20 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the marinade; reserve marinade. Loosely thread shrimp, pineapple slices, and portuguese sausage slices alternately on each of 6 (15-inch) metal skewers. Place the kabobs on the heated grate and brush with reserved marinade; grill on 1 side about 3 minutes. Turn them over brushing them with more marinade, cover grill and cook an additional 1 or 2 minutes until the shrimp are pink and barely cooked through. Serve warm with tomatoes (if using) and mango chutney.