This simple Marinated Mozzarella appetizer that never fails to impress. The colors and textures will draw your guests in, hopefully your fabulous company will keep them there.
- ½ fresh oregano leaves
- ½ fresh italian parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoon very good olive oil
- coarse salt and ground black pepper
- 4 ounce fresh mozzarella (or 2 egg sized â€œovalinisâ€)
Mince the herbs and put them into a small bowl or jar. Add the red pepper flakes, and the olive oil. Allow the marinade to sit at least 20 minutes and up to 8 hours at room temperature.
About 30 minutes to 1 hour before you plan to serve this, taste the marinade and adjust the seasoning using salt and pepper.
Cut mozzarella in to ¼â€ thick slices. Arrange them on a serving platter so that they slightly overlap, but plenty of their flat surfaces are exposed to accept the marinade.
Drizzle the marinade over the cheese slices and let stand about 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving.