All of the elements on this Marinated Asparagus with Burrata and Walnut-Parsley Pistou may be made ahead and quickly assembled at serving time.
- water and ice (as needed for ice bath)
- 2 pound asparagus spears (ends trimmed)
- 1 ½ cup simple vinaigrette (see recipe: https://www.sippitysup.com/recipe/my-simple-basic-vinaigrette/)
- 2 balls of fresh burrata (may substitue mozzarella slices)
- walnut-parsley pistou (see recipe: https://www.sippitysup.com/recipe/walnut-parsley-pistou/)
- kosher salt (as needed)
Prepare an ice bath in a large bowl. Set aside.
Bring a large shallow pot of water to a boil, add a generous amount of salt. Carefully lay all the asparagus spears in the boiling water, making sure they are fully submerged. Boil about 2 minutes or until tender-crisp. Do not overcook. Strain the asparagus spears and immediately plunge them into the ice bath to stop the cooking. Use tongs to transfer the asparagus to a large ziplock bag, pour in vinaigrette, and seal the bag. Place the bag in a large bowl to avoid a messy leak. Refrigerate at least 3 hours, turning bag occasionally.
Just before serving, drain asparagus, reserving vinaigrette for another use. Arrange the spears on a serving platter and nestle the balls of burrata on top. Spoon about ½ cup walnut-parsley pistou over the asparagus and burrata. Serve with additional pistou on the side.