This Mango Salsa is a great condiment for a variety of foods. Try it in and with my mini-lamb burger recipe.
makes about 3 cups
- 1 large mango, peeled and cut into ¼ inch pieces
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ serrano pepper, seeded and finely chopped
Mix all the ingredients in medium sized bowl. Let the mixture stand at room temperature at least ½ hour before serving. Or alternatively, it may be kept in the refrigerator, but no longer than 24 hours — it doesn’t keep well.