Little Tybee Latitude is gin based cocktail with an herbaceous edge. It’s a specialty of the house at Tybee Island Social Club, on Little Tybee Island, GA.
- 3-5 fresh basil leaves (roughly torn)
- ½ ounce fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 dash simple syrup (or to taste)
- medium ice cubes (as needed)
- 2 ounce London dry gin
- ½-1 ounce tonic water (or to taste)
Add the basil, grapefruit juice and simple syrup to the bottom of an old-fashioned or similarly sized heavy bottom rocks glass.
Use a long handled cocktail muddle or the wrong end of the wooden spoon to crush the basil until well bruised.
Fill the glass with medium ice cubes.
Pour the gin over the ice; top with a splash of tonic water, to taste.