This is a quick and flavorful meal. You can throw it together in mere minutes. Which, sometimes, is all you need to end the perfect day.
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus more for grill
- 1 whole lemon, juice only
- 1½ pound pounds turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 20 equal cubes (about 1 inch each)
- 6 clove garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 whole zucchini, sliced crosswise on a slight diagonal about ½‑inch thick
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 ½ by 1‑inch strips
- 1 pinch red-pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 lemon sliced or wedged for garnish (optional)
- italian parsley, roughly chopped (optional)
In a small bowl, whisk together very briskly the oil, lemon juice, red-pepper flakes (optional) and garlic. Try to achieve a thorough emulsion and a creamy texture. Alternatively, you may whirl the mixture in a mini food-processor.
Heat grill or grill pan to high you should only be able to hold your hand a few seconds over the grates. Assemble 4 long skewers, alternating 5 turkey cubes with zucchini and red bell pepper. Arrange skewers in a nonmetallic dish.
Pour ½ the marinade over skewers; turn to coat. Save the rest for sauce. Let stand at least 5 minutes (or cover and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally). Season with salt and pepper.
Lightly oil grates of the grill or grill pan. Place skewers on grill; cover grill, and cook, turning occasionally, until grill marks are visible and meat is cooked to desired doneness, 2–4 minutes per side.
When serving the skewers, squeeze the extra lemon slices over the meat for added flavor. Serve with leftover sauce, and garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.