This sparkling orange and kumquat flavored Gelée, is light and sparkling. It’s fun to eat and is a great palate cleanser.
- 2 (¼‑ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- red and yellow food dye
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange or kumquat juice
- ¼ cup lillet blanc
- ½ prosecco
- .75 kumquacello (you could substitue limoncello or any orange liqueur)
- ½ cup sparkling water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 hin orange or kumquat slices, for garnish
- fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
1. Sprinkle gelatin over the cold orange in a small bowl. Add 1 drop each of red and yellow food dye. Let this mixture stand about 5 minutes. Then whisk the ingredients to dissolve the gelatin as much as possible.
2. Add the Lillet, Prosecco, kumquacello, sparkling water, and sugar to a microwave safe bowl. Heat on high for 3 minutes, until almost to a boiling point. Remove the bowl carefully and whisk the mixture well, until sugar dissolves. Pour this over the softened gelatin, and whisk until gelatin dissolves.
3. Pour mixture into an 8‑inch square baking dish, or individual sized clear glass bowls. Refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours . Cut into 4 portions if you like, and garnish with fruit slices and mint.