This Burger has cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, onions and mustard. All the usual suspects. But it has a special secret. It’s a Horseradish Buffalo Burger. Bison meat is naturally leaner than beef. So I suggest you make your burger a bit thicker than usual and be careful not to overcook it.
- 1½ pound ground bison meat
- 5 tablespoon bottled white horseradish
- 2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 slice cheddar cheese (about 1.2 ounce each)
- 4 english muffins, split horizontally
- toppings: leaf lettuce, sliced tomato, sliced onion, mustard)
Gently form meat into 4 equal-size patties, 4 inches in diameter and 1 inch thick. With thumb, make a ½‑inch-deep indentation in the center of each patty (this helps the burgers sit flat on the grill with more area in contact).
Season burgers with salt and pepper. Grill 4 to 7 minutes per side for medium-rare, placing cheese on second side for last 3 to 4 minutes of cooking.
Serve on English muffins (toasted on grill, if you like), with toppings.