I served this Honey-Roasted Cherry and Lemon Ricotta Toast on slices of whole-grain Rosemary bread from Roan Mills Grains. The added herbal element gave this toast a little savory boost that was just delicious.
- 1 cup ricotta (drained and at room temperature)
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- kosher salt (as needed)
- 2 cup pitted fresh cherries
- 2 tablespoon honey (plus more for serving)
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- fresh thyme sprigs (as needed)
- 4 slice whole-grain artisan bread (cut ½-inch thick, then toasted)
- ¼ cup roughly chopped raw almonds
- flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)
Stir together ricotta, lemon zest, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt. Ricotta mixture can be refrigerated, in an airtight container, up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature before continuing.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
On a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet, toss cherries with honey, lemon juice, remaining olive oil, and 4 or 5 fresh thyme sprigs; season lightly with salt. Bake in the heated oven until the juices begin to thicken and the fruit is very soft about 17 minutes.
Generously spread the toasted bread slices with the lemon ricotta mixture and dollop the cherries with some of the juice on top. Garnish with chopped almonds and the tender tips of torn thyme sprigs. Serve with flaky sea salt and more honey on the side.