I adapted this Grilled Treviso and Corn Salad from Around the Fire. The cookbook from Ox Restaurant in Portland, Oregon.
- 2 heads Treviso (halved lengthwise)
- 2–3 ears corn (husked and cleaned)
- ½ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper (as needed)
- 2–3 cup baby arugula
- roasted tomato vinaigrette (see recipe https://www.sippitysup.com/recipe/roasted-tomato-vinaigrette/ )
- 4–6 ounce chilled Délice de Bourgogne cheese (or similar bloomy washed rind cheese, sliced into thin wedges)
Prepare the grill to medium-high heat.
Place the Treviso halves and corn on the cob onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil to coat all sides and in between some of the leaves. Season generously in the same manner with salt and black pepper. Transfer the corn to the grill and cook, turning often until the kernels are cooked and charred in places, about 10 minutes. Remove the corn from the grill, let cool slightly, then slice the kernels off. Set aside.
Place the Treviso onto the grill, cut side down, and cook until wilted and charred, about 3 minutes. Turn each piece over and grill another 2 or 3 minutes. Remove from grill. Cut out the core, chop the leaves crosswise into large chunks. The corn and Treviso may be grilled several hours in advance or served warm from the grill if you prefer.
To serve arrange the Treviso and arugula on a large serving platter or on individual plates then top with sections of corn kernels. Spoon the vinaigrette over the vegetables, making sure to evenly distribute the tomatoes. Garnish with cheese wedges.